erica cheng

Monday, February 06, 2006

Book Review

Content Critical: Gaining Competitive Advantage through High-Quality Web Content
--by Gerry Mcgovern and Rob Norton

This book provides an instruction on how to create a content-oriented website, including organization (Information Architecture), navigation, search and content layout and most important of all, content creation. It takes several websites for example, to further illustrate the methods and practice. The authors also introduce the elements in a publishing team as well as build up a publishing strategy approach.

The reason I chose this book is because I am interested at how to create a compelling content and website that can effectively reaches my target audience. I think this book can provide me both the methods for content creation and website organization, as well as the understanding of the roles and skills in a publishing team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home